One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Receiving money under a workers' compensation scheme.‘she'll be out on compo for the rest of the school year’
- ‘That's another few million on compo due to traumatic stress.’
- ‘Despite medical certificates requesting other duties, disabled workers were put on compo or forced to grin and bear it.’
- ‘It would appear the employers are not attending appointments with employees for a common cold but for a workplace injury where a person would be off on compo or disability pension.’
- ‘He gave her such a verbal beating, if it had been physical she would have been on compo for months.’
- ‘For several months that summer, it was Ferguson who was on compo.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.