Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Taking place during or relating to the rehearsing of a play or the making of a film.‘an on-set photographer’
- ‘Two scenes are broken down into a multi-angle presentation showing the sequences from storyboards, through on-set shooting, through the addition of special effects, to the final product.’
- ‘Further enticements include an unearthed on-set interview with Steven Spielberg.’
- ‘Here you get 21 minutes of on-set footage.’
- ‘Since the days of silent film it has always been the case that film-makers spend far more time in editing and post-production than on-set filming.’
- ‘Although short in length, the interview vignettes are laced with production stills, film clips, and on-set shots, and are really nicely produced and uniformly informative for fans of the film.’
- ‘It's a pretty good documentary on the guy, made around the time Lost Highway was going down, hence all the on-set stuff from that film.’
- ‘Films are always, unavoidably, past - even a freshly edited film festival entry or on-set dailies.’
- ‘However, in the end you kind of wish he'd have at least sprung for an on-set defibrillator so the film would have had a chance to sustain a heartbeat.’
- ‘Still, the on-set interviews and rehearsal footage are entertaining.’
- ‘As it stands now, this is a collection of on-set footage edited together with the finished scenes from the final movie.’
- ‘It's pretty much all on-set footage - Burton directing, the actors acting, makeup artists applying makeup.’
- ‘An on-set fire, during filming, also caused havoc, when crew members initially thought it was a bomb and Bloom had to be evacuated.’
- ‘As for our duties, while Alex handled all of the directing, editing, and post supervising on the project, I handled the bulk of the production logistics, practical special effects and on-set massaging.’
- ‘As a reviewer you get sort of jaded to these documentaries, seeing so many of them, because they all consist of the same stuff - talking heads and on-set footage.’
- ‘Sebastian offers a lively commentary track, and a hefty behind-the-scenes feature sports interviews and on-set footage.’
- ‘But this gambit also reveals how every life contains the stuff of great drama, a point that is further validated by the onscreen and on-set presence of the film's subjects.’
- ‘Both of these brief featurettes include on-set interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, and a lot of good old-fashioned fun.’
- ‘Importantly, an air of medical authenticity, and the gravitas of the hospital as an institution, is maintained (no doubt aided by the constant on-set presence of two doctors acting as advisors).’
- ‘There are also several scenes where flesh tones and other areas appear a bit orange, which is either a failing of the DV filming, the on-set lighting, the DVD transfer, or a combination of all three.’
- ‘Does a film really need hair and make-up artists solely for the benefit of an individual star; what, aren't the highly trained experienced on-set make-up and hair people good enough?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.