One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In or from all directions; everywhere.‘there were shouts now from all sides’
- ‘The Doyles awoke to a flaming ceiling and dense black smoke on all sides.’
- ‘Socialist literature was showered everywhere and eagerly purchased on all sides.’
- ‘The jungle surrounds us on every side: a wall of green which hums with the buzz of cicadas and a million other unseen insects.’
- ‘There are casualties on all sides, but three extremists manage to survive.’
- ‘We had now arrived at the top of the ridge and the land fell steeply on every side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.