One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A press in which olives are squeezed to make olive oil.‘they unearthed the remains of olive presses’
- ‘The hotel restaurant still houses the original olive press after which it is named.’
- ‘The perfumery formed part of a larger site which included a copper smelting works, a winery and an olive press.’
- ‘The olives must be picked in time and then brought to the olive press, where the golden liquid is extracted.’
- ‘The olive press owners were obligated to rent the facility to him at the specified price.’
- ‘Some of these contain small mills and olive presses.’
- ‘He is finding money to build an olive press that produces high quality olive oil.’
- ‘With sky-high demand, much higher fees could be charged for the use of the olive presses.’
- ‘Dinners were in the old olive press cellar.’
- ‘I even saw ancient olive presses outside the homes in the old Roman ruins of Volubilis in Morocco.’
- ‘He had the option to rent out the olive presses at a fixed price.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.