One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A press in which olives are squeezed to make olive oil.‘they unearthed the remains of olive presses’
- ‘The olives must be picked in time and then brought to the olive press, where the golden liquid is extracted.’
- ‘The perfumery formed part of a larger site which included a copper smelting works, a winery and an olive press.’
- ‘The hotel restaurant still houses the original olive press after which it is named.’
- ‘The olive press owners were obligated to rent the facility to him at the specified price.’
- ‘He had the option to rent out the olive presses at a fixed price.’
- ‘He is finding money to build an olive press that produces high quality olive oil.’
- ‘I even saw ancient olive presses outside the homes in the old Roman ruins of Volubilis in Morocco.’
- ‘Some of these contain small mills and olive presses.’
- ‘Dinners were in the old olive press cellar.’
- ‘With sky-high demand, much higher fees could be charged for the use of the olive presses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.