One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polymer whose molecules consist of relatively few repeating units.
- ‘Intercalates and exfoliates formed with oligomers and polymers and composite materials containing same’
- ‘Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.’
- ‘The incorporated nucleotides form an oligomer with digoxygenin or fluorescein.’
- ‘We select this level of quasi-rigidity at 0.23 following a previous investigation of the dynamics of double helical nucleic acid oligomers.’
- ‘In addition, it has been theoretically studied using molecular mechanics and DNA oligomers after a minimization process.’
- ‘Condensed tannins are oligomers and polymers of flavonoid units linked by carbon-carbon bonds, which are not susceptible to hydrolysis.’
- ‘The surfactants include fluroethers, oligomers of propylene-oxide, siloxanes, etc.’
- ‘The result may be low molecular weight, broad molecular weight distribution, or the presence of nonreacted monomers or oligomers with very low molecular weights.’
- ‘In contrast to several previous studies, we find no evidence of dimers or other oligomers smaller than decamers.’
- ‘It has been postulated that an assembly of gp 41 oligomers could establish the molecular scaffold that enables membranes to merge.’
- ‘Although many different proteins with diverse functions act on DNA, most act as monomers or components of oligomers containing relatively few other elements.’
- ‘In particular, the intrinsic potency of oligomeric alkanols is predicted to increase roughly linearly with the number of repeat units in the oligomer, and thus with chain length.’
- ‘Low molecular weight oligomers were found in culture media of Chinese hamster ovary cells expressing endogenous or mutated genes.’
- ‘Although commonly represented as monomers, organolithiums tend to form oligomers of two to six monomer units.’
- ‘Compositions and methods for manufacturing waxes filled with intercalates and exfoliates formed with oligomers and polymers’
- ‘In contrast to the dimers which prevail in the dephosphorylated state, the tetramers or higher oligomers of the NtrC-like proteins represent the active regulator species.’
- ‘All oligomers (dimer, trimer, and tetramer) started to form rather early.’
- ‘Epoxy resins are actually oligomers, which must be reacted with other polymers such as polyamines, polyamides and polyesters.’
- ‘This indicates that TMR-actin does not form oligomers under polymerization conditions.’
- ‘In any cases, we do not observe formation of organized protein oligomers in the lipid monolayer as described for pore-forming peptides and proteins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.