One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polymer whose molecules consist of relatively few repeating units.
- ‘In addition, it has been theoretically studied using molecular mechanics and DNA oligomers after a minimization process.’
- ‘Although many different proteins with diverse functions act on DNA, most act as monomers or components of oligomers containing relatively few other elements.’
- ‘In contrast to several previous studies, we find no evidence of dimers or other oligomers smaller than decamers.’
- ‘The incorporated nucleotides form an oligomer with digoxygenin or fluorescein.’
- ‘It has been postulated that an assembly of gp 41 oligomers could establish the molecular scaffold that enables membranes to merge.’
- ‘We select this level of quasi-rigidity at 0.23 following a previous investigation of the dynamics of double helical nucleic acid oligomers.’
- ‘The surfactants include fluroethers, oligomers of propylene-oxide, siloxanes, etc.’
- ‘Condensed tannins are oligomers and polymers of flavonoid units linked by carbon-carbon bonds, which are not susceptible to hydrolysis.’
- ‘In any cases, we do not observe formation of organized protein oligomers in the lipid monolayer as described for pore-forming peptides and proteins.’
- ‘The result may be low molecular weight, broad molecular weight distribution, or the presence of nonreacted monomers or oligomers with very low molecular weights.’
- ‘In contrast to the dimers which prevail in the dephosphorylated state, the tetramers or higher oligomers of the NtrC-like proteins represent the active regulator species.’
- ‘All oligomers (dimer, trimer, and tetramer) started to form rather early.’
- ‘Compositions and methods for manufacturing waxes filled with intercalates and exfoliates formed with oligomers and polymers’
- ‘Epoxy resins are actually oligomers, which must be reacted with other polymers such as polyamines, polyamides and polyesters.’
- ‘In particular, the intrinsic potency of oligomeric alkanols is predicted to increase roughly linearly with the number of repeat units in the oligomer, and thus with chain length.’
- ‘Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.’
- ‘Low molecular weight oligomers were found in culture media of Chinese hamster ovary cells expressing endogenous or mutated genes.’
- ‘Intercalates and exfoliates formed with oligomers and polymers and composite materials containing same’
- ‘This indicates that TMR-actin does not form oligomers under polymerization conditions.’
- ‘Although commonly represented as monomers, organolithiums tend to form oligomers of two to six monomer units.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.