One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tumour derived from oligodendroglia.
- ‘In a series of 285 supratentorial anaplastic gliomas in adults, 10 tumors were classified as anaplastic oligodendrogliomas.’
- ‘Moreover, the data suggest that p27 down-regulation is an important event in malignant transformation of oligodendrogliomas.’
- ‘Histologically, the cellular pattern of the tumor closely resembles that of the oligodendroglioma.’
- ‘We have excluded tumors within the oligodendroglioma category or tumors that may have oligodendroglial components from our study.’
- ‘Moreover, the extent of dissemination in GC far exceeds that of an infiltrating glioma and oligodendroglioma.’
- ‘Loss of p16 gene expression and protein down-regulation have been disclosed in various human gliomas, including oligodendrogliomas.’
- ‘Survivin staining was also found in the nuclei of endothelial cells of blood vessels, including delicate arcuate vessels of oligodendrogliomas and in vessels with microvascular proliferation found in GBMs.’
- ‘In 12 reoperated tumors, pathologic examination revealed progression toward an anaplastic oligodendroglioma, whereas the remaining 7 exhibited the same histology found in the primary tumor.’
- ‘By light microscopy, all 117 tumors examined presented the histopathologic appearance typical for pure oligodendrogliomas.’
- ‘Touch preparations are recommended for pituitary adenomas, oligodendrogliomas, and lymphomas.’
- ‘The present study, which uses specific PCR analysis of alleles on key chromosomes implicated in the pathogenesis of most oligodendrogliomas, confirms and extends these findings.’
- ‘Diagnosed 18 years ago with an oligodendroglioma in the front lobe area behind her forehead, she was given four years to live.’
- ‘This is currently being done in a variety of tumors, most notably the subgroup called oligodendroglioma.’
- ‘Of the 14 anaplastic oligoastrocytomas, 6 were designated astrocytoma predominant and 2 were oligodendroglioma predominant.’
- ‘In contrast to neurocytomas, oligodendrogliomas do not demonstrate any features of neuronal differentiation, either by immunohistochemistry or electron microscopy.’
- ‘Results.-Of the 12 oligodendrogliomas, 6 of 10 informative cases for 1p exhibited loss of heterozygosity.’
- ‘Small undifferentiated cells with hyperchromatic nuclei were also seen, and in some areas the tumor cells displayed relatively uniform round nuclei resembling those of an oligodendroglioma.’
- ‘No areas with histologic features of neurocytoma, oligodendroglioma, or other mature neuroectodermal component were identified.’
- ‘It seems unlikely that p21 immunohistochemistry will be of value for determining clinical outcomes for patients with oligodendrogliomas.’
- ‘In summary, we came to the following conclusions: p18 protein expression is closely associated with highgrade oligodendrogliomas and worse outcome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.