One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Within 2 hours of admission he suddenly went into oligaemic shock.’
- ‘In vascular lung disease, which was suspected in our patient, regions of hyperemic (higher attenuation) lung mimic ground-glass infiltrates when seen adjacent to oligemic (lower attenuation) regions of lung.’
- ‘The onset of oligaemic shock is assessed by monitoring urine flow and, additionally, deep body temperature.’
- ‘The chest radiograph will show oligaemic lung fields.’
- ‘Features thought to be associated with neuro-degenerative diseases include oligaemic episodes and increased iron concentrations in discrete brain regions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.