One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for hypovolaemia
- ‘Oligemia is considered to be present if, in a given lung region, the pulmonary vasculature is greatly diminished with concomitant hyperlucency of the lung parenchyma.’
- ‘Cerebral oligaemia episode triggers free radical formation and late cognitive deficiencies.’
- ‘The chest radiograph showed a small left pleural effusion and oligemia of the right upper lung field.’
- ‘It is suggested that renal failure was due to oligaemia after the loss of albumin into and from the skin.’
- ‘The severity of oligemia correlates well with hemodynamic abnormality.’
Mid 19th century: from French oligaimie, from Greek oligaimia.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.