One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A natural or artificial mixture of essential oils and a resin, e.g. balsam.
- ‘Value-added items such as curry powder/paste/condiments and spice oils and oleoresins have also shown an increase.’
- ‘They'll shoot it at the person and it will open up with OC spray, oleoresin which is basically cayenne pepper, very, very strong.’
- ‘However, ß-thujaplicin is mainly contained in the heartwood oleoresin in some Cupressaceae trees at low levels.’
- ‘The oleoresins are then converted into a slow-drying natural lacquer, which is used to protect paintings and other works of art.’
- ‘A mature grand fir tree (50 yr old, from the University of Idaho Arboretum, Moscow, ID) was analyzed by a standard protocol to ensure an oleoresin composition within the typical range.’
- ‘Between 50 and 70 percent of people are sensitive to contact with the oleoresin released from a bruised plant.’
- ‘We have oleoresin pepper sprays that generally do work.’
- ‘Spice oleoresins represent the complete flavour profile of the spice.’
- ‘Strobic acid-usually the major resin acid found in the cortical oleoresin of eastern white pine-was positively correlated with the rate and extent of crystallization.’
- ‘Spices oils and oleoresins contributed to 21 per cent of the total exports.’
- ‘The Copaifera paupera tree produces an aromatic oleoresin that is made into oil that contains copalic acid and sesquiterpenes with reported anti-inflammatory properties, and is applied topically to herpes blisters.’
- ‘Because the oleoresin of resin vesicles is a low-viscous liquid, it can be detected by high-resolution C MAS NMR spectra in vivo.’
- ‘In self-defense sprays, oleoresin capsicum (OC, or ‘pepper spray’) still rules.’
- ‘Twenty-six men with newly diagnosed prostate cancer were randomly assigned to receive a tomato oleoresin extract containing 30 mg of lycopene or no supplementation for 3 weeks before radical prostatectomy.’
- ‘These moderately colored and highly pungent oleoresins are available with color standardized at 2000 to 5000 Standard International Units.’
- ‘In this product area, tear gas is out and oleoresin capsicum (pepper spray) is in.’
- ‘Chilli oleoresin is another important export item, earning foreign exchange worth Rs 88 crore every year.’
- ‘The impression that spices were usually hot was sought to be changed by using oleoresins to flavour cuisine.’
- ‘Spice oleoresins are the true essence of spices in their most concentrated form and are the most preferred and convenient substitute for raw spices in the processed food industry.’
- ‘The seeds of P. nigrum are also a source of oil of pepper and oleoresin, used for flavouring sausages, tinned food, and drinks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.