One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A print textured to resemble an oil painting.
- ‘Local art was then being influenced by the lithographs, oleographs and photographs arriving from England.’
- ‘The size of the prints tended to be smaller than that of the oleographs.’
- ‘Naturally, art aficionados and collectors are not far behind: the rush is now on for old cinema posters and stills, as it was, and one supposes still is, for this artist's oleographs and prints.’
- ‘One envisages, basically, a Victorian oleograph; the mild-eyed, haloed and bearded one amidst a trusting, wooly flock which cluster round the holy knees in a sweet and adoring manner.’
- ‘It also includes a number of oleographs (prints made to resemble oil paintings).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.