One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chemical compound derived industrially from animal or vegetable oils or fats.
- ‘This tends to make these oils suitable for edible use and only of limited value as oleochemicals.’
- ‘Other bit part players in the beauty industry include ICI (LSE: ICI), whose Uniqema division manufactures oleochemicals and surfactants for products such as skin creams.’
- ‘Laurate is the key raw material used in the manufacture of soap, detergent, food, oleochemical, and personal care products.’
- ‘Domas president said recently that his company had secured a loan worth almost US $79 million from Bank Mandiri in 2002 to finance its 74-hectare oleochemical plant in Kuala Tandjung, North Sumatra.’
- ‘In the UK, for instance, Petrofina's offices in Epsom, Surrey, have been closed and the oleochemical operations sold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.