One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to former times.‘the olden days’
bygone, past, former, of old, remote, previous, early, earlier, earliestView synonyms
- ‘In the olden days on St Kilda and at several bleak rocky points east, tenacious hunters would dangle off perilous cliffs to catch their harvest.’
- ‘In olden times the blacksmith was often credited with having more knowledge of the supernatural than other folk.’
- ‘In the olden days if you were a dunce in class, you were made to stand at the back of the class, enduring unimaginable embarrassment.’
- ‘The old ladies had the satin jackets and big buttons from the olden days.’
- ‘In the olden days being a baker was an important job.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.