One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to former times.‘the olden days’
bygone, past, former, of old, remote, previous, early, earlier, earliestView synonyms
- ‘In the olden days being a baker was an important job.’
- ‘The old ladies had the satin jackets and big buttons from the olden days.’
- ‘In the olden days on St Kilda and at several bleak rocky points east, tenacious hunters would dangle off perilous cliffs to catch their harvest.’
- ‘In the olden days if you were a dunce in class, you were made to stand at the back of the class, enduring unimaginable embarrassment.’
- ‘In olden times the blacksmith was often credited with having more knowledge of the supernatural than other folk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.