Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The covenant between God and Israel in the Old Testament.
- ‘Tonight we are going to observe the New Covenant counterpart of the Old Covenant Passover.’
- ‘The speaker noted that the Sabbath was one of several signs given to the Old Covenant people.’
- ‘This was the Old Covenant promise - ‘I will be with you.’’
- ‘The succession from the Old Covenant to the New was an absolutely fundamental tenet of Protestantism.’
- ‘He insists that the New Testament teaches no distinction between the moral and ceremonial law of the Old Covenant.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.