One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A container for holding or storing oil.‘a number of underground oil tanks are buried on the site’
- ‘A 100-litre oil tank is hidden within the engine compartment.’
- ‘Service calls to repair oil tanks are not covered under the plan.’
- ‘The oil tank wagons weigh 19 tons each and have a carrying capacity of 43 000 litres.’
- ‘If the oil tank is low, the tank can call your supplier for a refill.’
- ‘We were pumping fuel oil from a 2,000-gallon oil tank.’
- ‘Another issue with old oil tanks comes up if you are selling your home.’
- ‘We saw a small leak in the fuel line running from the oil tank to the furnace.’
- ‘There are pumping stations and storage sites with lines of giant oil tanks.’
- ‘The movie is set in an abbreviated Middle East landscape of oil tanks, pipelines, helicopters and parched earth.’
- ‘He installed a new oil tank.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.