One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long pipe, typically underground, for conveying oil over long distances.‘at least two oil pipelines were sabotaged’
- ‘Someone who simply wants to destroy an oil pipeline to me is just not sufficiently important as a villain.’
- ‘Their unit was supposed to be guarding the oil pipeline from Baghdad to Haifa.’
- ‘They set the stage for construction of a massive oil pipeline through Afghanistan.’
- ‘Some warring tribal leaders have threatened to blow up existing oil pipelines owned by Chevron and Shell.’
- ‘He happened to be involved in setting up an oil pipeline from the Caspian Sea that would run through Afghanistan.’
- ‘An accident in Saudi Arabia led to the severing of an oil pipeline.’
- ‘It is increasing its military presence in some of the former nations of the old Soviet Union as a means of safeguarding potential future oil pipeline routes.’
- ‘Virtually all of the recent political machinations in the region can be best understood through the prism of oil pipeline politics.’
- ‘Rock legends are usually known for hemorrhaging money on cocaine or being glad-handed into harebrained oil pipeline investments.’
- ‘It's one of a dozen native Alaskan companies formed to ease construction of the oil pipeline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.