One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical West African palm which is the chief source of palm oil.
- ‘I believe we can create plants with far greater oil productivity than the current tradition bio-oil sources such as canola, soyabean or oil palm.’
- ‘Popular drinks include palm wine, made from the fermented sap of the oil palm, and home-brewed millet beer.’
- ‘Undoubtedly because of its multifunctionality, the oil palm and its bunches of palm nuts are a recurring feature in Akan royal arts.’
- ‘Research has revealed that oil palm grown as a monoculture upsets the flora and fauna ecosystem due to an absence of plant diversity.’
- ‘The minority view is supported by the fact that almost all the coconut palm's relations are American, the one important exception being the oil palm, which is African.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.