Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for oil paint
- ‘The capital has a date this week with the rare works of a man who brought the magic of canvas and oil colours to India.’
- ‘I opened the suitcase, and everything fell into the snow - oil colors, canvas, fruits - I couldn't invent such a symbolic situation!’
- ‘Also, it is not just the oil colours on canvas or the metal sculptures that capture the attention.’
- ‘Use the oil rage with a small amount of chrome yellow and raw sienna tube oil color to wipe over the white areas of the panel and soften into the background.’
- ‘With this technique, the artist creates on a stone or glass plate the complete image in water or oil colors.’
- ‘The lines have been scratched out using a needle, on a canvas smeared with oil colours.’
- ‘She graduated in Physics and at a time dreamt of exploring the realms of astrophysics, before she decided that the world of oil colours and pastels suited her better.’
- ‘Among the exhibits, in oil colour, were ‘Silent prayer in the church’, ‘Skiing in the park’, ‘Autumn gaze’ and ‘Flowers on the window’.’
- ‘He dresses each canvas with a thick, textured white acrylic undercoating that gives body to the overpainted oil colors and adds to the spatial nuances of the images.’
- ‘Hao Ping's prints are made in woodcut technique with thick, bright oil colors.’
- ‘‘It takes nearly a month for completing a piece, in which the use of oil colour is high,’ he says.’
- ‘‘I use my oil colours like water colours, in diluted form, layer after layer to bring more depth to the colour,’ he says.’
- ‘Cover this with a tinted glaze - either a scumble glaze tinted with artists' oil colours or a modern oil-based tinted varnish thinned with white spirits.’
- ‘Over-paintings done with oil colours in the past, which had turned dark, were also removed.’
- ‘The sketches of figures are made out through the screen painting form on a glass using oil colours.’
- ‘Along the upper part of the corrugated scrap are eight just-from-the-tube gobs of oil colors.’
- ‘It's a rubber additive that he heats, sometimes kneads with oil color and shapes into fairly small objects of widely varying nature.’
- ‘He uses thick layers of brilliant, colorful oil color for his prints.’
- ‘We manufacture over 1000 professional grade artists oil colors, ranging in size from 1 / 8, 1 / 4, 1/2 and full pint up to quart, 1/2 gallon and gallon.’
- ‘Traditional oil colors could not give me that freedom.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.