One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A law stating that electric current is proportional to voltage and inversely proportional to resistance.
- ‘The relationship, however, abruptly deviates from Ohm's law with further decreases in the membrane potential.’
- ‘These conditions lead to a Luttinger liquid, which is capable of violating Ohm's law and displaying other unusual properties.’
- ‘This is a qualitative description of Ohm's law (I = V / R) that accounts for the observation that current strength is proportional to the amount of voltage.’
- ‘This conductance is approximately two orders of magnitude lower than the conductance calculated from Ohm's law if the channel radius is taken to be equal to 1 nm.’
- ‘Kirchhoff's laws followed from applying Ohm's law but the way in which he was able to generalise the results showed great mathematical skills.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.