One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The SI unit of electrical resistance, transmitting a current of one ampere when subjected to a potential difference of one volt.
- ‘The correct way to split T3 cables is to use what's called a power splitter, which contains a transformer to balance the impedance properly at 75 ohms on all connections.’
- ‘Both antennas feature linear polarization, an impedance of 50 ohms and maximum input power at 10 watts.’
- ‘It is important for the termination to be precisely 50 ohms for the bridge to function properly on 50-ohm communication systems.’
- ‘Resistance of electrodes was held below 10K ohms.’
- ‘If you use a resistor less than 100 ohms you'll know it because it will get hot.’
Mid 19th century: named after G. S. Ohm (see Ohm, Georg Simon).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.