One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Ohio or its inhabitants.‘the Ohioan electorate’
- ‘He scored a pair of first period goals to lead the Canadiens to a 3-1 win over the Ohioan squad.’
- ‘Sign the petition to demand that the Ohio Governor veto this bill so that it can never destroy the rights of Ohioan voters.’
- ‘The poet James Wright, who grew up in Ohio, said the language or speech of his truest poems was Ohioan.’
- ‘The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center also features research materials on the Hayes presidency and local Ohioan history.’
- ‘A placard at this eastern Ohioan rest stop shows the route of the Eisenhower Highway, which links California with Virginia.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Ohio.‘an Ohioan living in Paris’
- ‘High school football has been a Friday night staple for generations of Ohioans.’
- ‘We are committed to bringing full equality to every Ohioan in all aspects of life.’
- ‘I'm an Ohioan, from the suburbs of Toledo, where I still own a home.’
- ‘"We passed a health care law that's going to mean security for Ohioans."’
- ‘Nicklaus, a 74-year-old native Ohioan, knows the exaltation of winning three majors before age 26.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.