One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The side piers carry a variation of this figure, a single ogival arch enclosed in a teardrop.’
- ‘Gothic architecture has a particular look: the pointed or ogival arch, ribbed vaults, rose windows, towers, and tremendous height in the nave, supported by flying buttresses.’
- ‘In its preference for elaborate geometric figures, ogival forms, and complex molding, the Netherlandish Gothic of the sixteenth century differs even from that of the mid-fifteenth century.’
- ‘The most distinctive part of the reliquary is its cupola, a small ogival crystal vault divided into six sections by ribs decorated with crockets.’
- ‘The tabernacles framing the niche, for instance, are formed by bells whose contours define inverted ogival trefoils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.