One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic or literary form of often
- ‘The average salt water man can't do it, and oft-times he will fail to reach out to distant feeding fish.’
- ‘What it showed was a typical Saturday night, and the dominant theme was drink and its oft-times dire consequences.’
- ‘This remarkably varied community of insects, birds, amphibians and animals all thrive in a beautiful but oft-times harsh environment.’
- ‘This is notable in the oft-times casual way they dress.’
- ‘Now oft-times this doesn't mean they are wrong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.