One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A partner, assistant, or deputy.
companion, boon companion, bosom friend, best friend, close friend, intimate, confidante, confidant, familiar, soul mate, alter ego, second self, shadow, playmate, playfellow, classmate, schoolmate, workmate, ally, comrade, associateView synonyms
- ‘An offsider is hauling together the thousands of different legal advices and papers published on the web, cataloguing and archiving them for accessibility.’
- ‘We have drill offsiders who are learning to become drillers, that are local Ballarat employees.’
- ‘I think you'd best let your offsider know that we'd rather pay the disposal fees than risk public exposure for dumping equipment.’
- ‘One was Mr Pringle, the second one was his offsider.’
- ‘He was sixty-eight at the time, had turned savagely on his loyal offsider, and showed no intention of retiring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.