A partner, assistant, or deputy.
companion, boon companion, bosom friend, best friend, close friend, intimate, confidante, confidant, familiar, soul mate, alter ego, second self, shadow, playmate, playfellow, classmate, schoolmate, workmate, ally, comrade, associateView synonyms
- ‘One was Mr Pringle, the second one was his offsider.’
- ‘An offsider is hauling together the thousands of different legal advices and papers published on the web, cataloguing and archiving them for accessibility.’
- ‘I think you'd best let your offsider know that we'd rather pay the disposal fees than risk public exposure for dumping equipment.’
- ‘We have drill offsiders who are learning to become drillers, that are local Ballarat employees.’
- ‘He was sixty-eight at the time, had turned savagely on his loyal offsider, and showed no intention of retiring.’