One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A printing press that uses the offset process.‘the fake bank notes were printed using an offset press’
- ‘The amount of sharpening required for an inkjet printer will be very different from that required for an offset press.’
- ‘Covers printed by modern, offset presses are made up of dots that can break apart when blown up.’
- ‘He was a pioneer in weekly newspapers and printing facilities, owning one of the first offset presses in the United States in the early 50's.’
- ‘Usually an offset press operates using one imaging plate at a time.’
- ‘Clients would gather to be enlightened about offset presses and color separation.’
- ‘Thanks to inks made from conductive and semiconductive polymers, it will soon be possible to print proletarian circuits on almost any surface using an inkjet printer or offset press.’
- ‘This is the method for guiding sheet material in a printing press, particulary in a sheet-fed rotary offset press.’
- ‘A piece of canvas is fed through an offset press and printed with an image.’
- ‘There was interesting stuff about offset press printing.’
- ‘Offset presses in artist-run spaces were an important development of the 1970s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.