One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A printed copy of an article that originally appeared as part of a larger publication.
copy, reproduction, duplicate, photocopy, mimeograph, mimeo, replica, likeness, carbon, carbon copy, print, reprint, imageView synonyms
- ‘We sent offprints, made phone calls, and met many summers and some winters.’
- ‘The room bore unmistakable traces of them - a framed mathematical journal offprint, a stereo cluttered with worn, sleeveless records.’
- ‘A similar bound collection of offprints can be found in the University of Toronto Archives.’
- ‘They signed up for two copies of the book and ordered an additional two hundred offprints of the lithographic view.’
- ‘I found that I have a few other offprints of earlier articles of mine, sitting there uselessly on the shelf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.