Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A printed copy of an article that originally appeared as part of a larger publication.
copy, reproduction, duplicate, photocopy, mimeograph, mimeo, replica, likeness, carbon, carbon copy, print, reprint, offprint, imageView synonyms
- ‘They signed up for two copies of the book and ordered an additional two hundred offprints of the lithographic view.’
- ‘The room bore unmistakable traces of them - a framed mathematical journal offprint, a stereo cluttered with worn, sleeveless records.’
- ‘I found that I have a few other offprints of earlier articles of mine, sitting there uselessly on the shelf.’
- ‘We sent offprints, made phone calls, and met many summers and some winters.’
- ‘A similar bound collection of offprints can be found in the University of Toronto Archives.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.