One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet, the student organisations sought to give it an air of officiousness by claiming that the decision to withdraw the stir would be taken at their executive committee meetings.’
- ‘There's no stuffiness about him, nor any of the officiousness or snobbery that one might expect from a man in his position.’
- ‘From the numerous calls and contacts I have had, there are many other victims of mistaken intransigence and officiousness involving private security firms.’
- ‘The real problem with referees is the epic self-importance of a fairly large minority of them, their strutting officiousness.’
- ‘For those who have experienced officialdom, and for that matter officiousness, there are levels of irony in that poster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.