One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Japan) a woman working in an office.
- ‘This morning, I got a close-up view of a new phenomenon I never would have seen in Japan only a few years ago: a young office lady putting on her makeup on the train to work.’
- ‘‘Do you plan to connect to the internet? ‘asked the office lady.’’
- ‘A newly furbished vegetarian restaurant in the neighbourhood was so attractive to these office ladies that ‘for at least three of our five working days, we dine there,’ Yan said.’
- ‘On one stretch of pavement, I squeezed between two pedestrians, an office lady on the left and a salariman in a dark suit on the right.’
- ‘The collection of black and white is mainly for sensible office ladies in the big city.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.