One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Japan) a woman working in an office.
- ‘A newly furbished vegetarian restaurant in the neighbourhood was so attractive to these office ladies that ‘for at least three of our five working days, we dine there,’ Yan said.’
- ‘‘Do you plan to connect to the internet? ‘asked the office lady.’’
- ‘This morning, I got a close-up view of a new phenomenon I never would have seen in Japan only a few years ago: a young office lady putting on her makeup on the train to work.’
- ‘The collection of black and white is mainly for sensible office ladies in the big city.’
- ‘On one stretch of pavement, I squeezed between two pedestrians, an office lady on the left and a salariman in a dark suit on the right.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.