Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The hours during which business is normally conducted.‘an answering service operates outside office hours’
- ‘Consultants work weekdays, primarily during office hours, taking around 70 calls a day from residential customers from across Australia.’
- ‘Our office hours are 9: 30 in the morning to 7 in the evening each weekday.’
- ‘But if you are the only lawyer in town, chances are you won't be confining your legal consultations to office hours.’
- ‘I would love for Animal Control to do their job, but the darn problem is that they are open basically during office hours and a few hours on Saturdays.’
- ‘Our office hours are Monday through Friday from nine a.m. until five p.m.’
- ‘They used to have to spend time and money sending out brochures, doing fax mailings, and trying to reach people by phone during office hours.’
- ‘The government disallows chewing during office hours and in the military, but has no plans to ban it.’
- ‘Try calling a potential sponsor before office hours in the morning or after office hours in the evening.’
- ‘For emergencies after office hours, a chaplain is on call 24 hours a day and can be paged by a staff member.’
- ‘We work normal office hours but we also work to meet the requirements of our clients.’
- ‘If you're in a U.S. registered vessel you can do so by telephone during normal office hours, Monday through Saturday.’
- ‘This usually means the building will need plenty of HVAC zones, flexible office hours and point-of-use supplemental systems.’
- ‘In addition, the service was only available during office hours.’
- ‘I typed out a note to all the staff about the meeting and that it would take place the next day before office hours at 6 am.’
- ‘One man said long office hours had led to the breakdown of his marriage.’
- ‘There is a telephone helpline during office hours for young people, parents and professionals.’
- ‘Call the organization's headquarters during office hours and a real person - not a voice mail system answers the phone.’
- ‘Expanding resources such as later bookstore and administrative office hours may also benefit the community college student population at large.’
- ‘That administration put the American Swimming Coaches Association on a solid foundation at a permanent address with regular office hours.’
- ‘With traditional office hours being eroded by the 24-hour society, more and more people seem to find themselves caught up in a rat race to get things done fast, and first.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.