Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The hours during which business is normally conducted.‘an answering service operates outside office hours’
- ‘There is a telephone helpline during office hours for young people, parents and professionals.’
- ‘If you're in a U.S. registered vessel you can do so by telephone during normal office hours, Monday through Saturday.’
- ‘They used to have to spend time and money sending out brochures, doing fax mailings, and trying to reach people by phone during office hours.’
- ‘We work normal office hours but we also work to meet the requirements of our clients.’
- ‘Expanding resources such as later bookstore and administrative office hours may also benefit the community college student population at large.’
- ‘But if you are the only lawyer in town, chances are you won't be confining your legal consultations to office hours.’
- ‘One man said long office hours had led to the breakdown of his marriage.’
- ‘With traditional office hours being eroded by the 24-hour society, more and more people seem to find themselves caught up in a rat race to get things done fast, and first.’
- ‘Call the organization's headquarters during office hours and a real person - not a voice mail system answers the phone.’
- ‘This usually means the building will need plenty of HVAC zones, flexible office hours and point-of-use supplemental systems.’
- ‘The government disallows chewing during office hours and in the military, but has no plans to ban it.’
- ‘I would love for Animal Control to do their job, but the darn problem is that they are open basically during office hours and a few hours on Saturdays.’
- ‘For emergencies after office hours, a chaplain is on call 24 hours a day and can be paged by a staff member.’
- ‘In addition, the service was only available during office hours.’
- ‘Our office hours are Monday through Friday from nine a.m. until five p.m.’
- ‘Our office hours are 9: 30 in the morning to 7 in the evening each weekday.’
- ‘Try calling a potential sponsor before office hours in the morning or after office hours in the evening.’
- ‘That administration put the American Swimming Coaches Association on a solid foundation at a permanent address with regular office hours.’
- ‘I typed out a note to all the staff about the meeting and that it would take place the next day before office hours at 6 am.’
- ‘Consultants work weekdays, primarily during office hours, taking around 70 calls a day from residential customers from across Australia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.