One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building containing the offices of one or more companies.‘Gladstone Plaza is a two-story office building’
- ‘Our bus arrives at a rather modern, multi-story office building.’
- ‘With the exception of major office buildings in Shanghai or Beijing where you can rely on established subcontractors and get a quality standard, there is still not a very high level of skill in the industry.’
- ‘It has consolidated its two suburban Chicago locations into a newly constructed office building in Lake Forest, IL.’
- ‘Consider delivering to one or several office buildings in a big city.’
- ‘We didn't begin with a project for a house or a school or an office building.’
- ‘These survivors include the Australian Mutual Fire Insurance Building, one of the first large office buildings constructed on King Street, and the much loved Darrell Lea shop, originally created for Ashdown & Co, "wholesale and furnishing ironmongers".’
- ‘Early indications suggest that operating costs will continue to fall below half those of a conventional office building.’
- ‘These include the rather uninspiring Riverside office building, built on concrete decks over the railway tracks.’
- ‘The School occupies a former office building in historic downtown Philadelphia.’
- ‘If you've flown into a city at night, you can only imagine how much electricity is consumed by office buildings and companies closed for the day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.