One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Throughout the photos shown there is an offhandedness that only a master can effect, but his display of nonchalance is gracious and at times humorous.’
- ‘His fathering style, interestingly, was not much different from his writing style, which is to say, excellence disguised as offhandedness.’
- ‘Many of the best gags here are throwaway ones, delivered with an offhandedness that makes them work.’
- ‘There was a mocking, offhandedness to his voice that set her on edge.’
- ‘It's not exactly nonchalance, rather a studied offhandedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.