One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The price at which a market-maker or institution is prepared to sell securities or other assets.Compare with bid price
- ‘Underpricing is estimated using the offer price and the opening price on the first day of trading.’
- ‘Underwriting commissions were due to be paid at a rate of 3.1 per cent of the product of the offer price, with a further 2.6 per cent on additional shares sold if the float was oversubscribed.’
- ‘As long as the energy company buys at a lower bid price than it sells at its offer price, it earns the bid-ask spread on trading volume.’
- ‘Consequently, from the perspective of the issuing company, the increase between the offer price and the open price represents ‘money left on the table.’’
- ‘They assume that the means of the stochastic terms in both the reservation price and the offer price equations are zero, and so implicitly define the true price differently than we do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.