Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A document containing details of a takeover bid which is sent to the shareholders of the target company.
- ‘This process would begin once the offerer posts the offer document to shareholders outlining all details of the bid and requesting shareholders to indicated their acceptance.’
- ‘If shareholders ignore the offer document the money which they are due will be held in an escrow account unclaimed.’
- ‘With the result confirmed as expected Valentia will post the offer document to the shareholders this Friday.’
- ‘The exact size of the shareholdings will be revealed in the offer document, which is due to be sent to shareholders within 28 days.’
- ‘The exposure to equity instruments has been maintained below 40 per cent as per the investment objective stated in the offer document.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.