Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A document containing details of a takeover bid which is sent to the shareholders of the target company.
- ‘If shareholders ignore the offer document the money which they are due will be held in an escrow account unclaimed.’
- ‘With the result confirmed as expected Valentia will post the offer document to the shareholders this Friday.’
- ‘The exact size of the shareholdings will be revealed in the offer document, which is due to be sent to shareholders within 28 days.’
- ‘This process would begin once the offerer posts the offer document to shareholders outlining all details of the bid and requesting shareholders to indicated their acceptance.’
- ‘The exposure to equity instruments has been maintained below 40 per cent as per the investment objective stated in the offer document.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.