One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A document containing details of a takeover bid which is sent to the shareholders of the target company.
- ‘The exposure to equity instruments has been maintained below 40 per cent as per the investment objective stated in the offer document.’
- ‘If shareholders ignore the offer document the money which they are due will be held in an escrow account unclaimed.’
- ‘The exact size of the shareholdings will be revealed in the offer document, which is due to be sent to shareholders within 28 days.’
- ‘With the result confirmed as expected Valentia will post the offer document to the shareholders this Friday.’
- ‘This process would begin once the offerer posts the offer document to shareholders outlining all details of the bid and requesting shareholders to indicated their acceptance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.