One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They shouldn't consider the author's past offensiveness, or the reprehensibleness of the ideas he expresses outside the paper.’
- ‘Whether intentional or not, the racial offensiveness and insensitivity of Summers' remarks and actions must be acknowledged, criticized, and vigorously resisted.’
- ‘Whatever offensiveness the film once possessed has been diluted by the passage of time; now it simply feels stylish and bittersweet, if esoterically so.’
- ‘My plan was simple: create a conflict between those who would be offended by the piece and those who would say its offensiveness gave it merit as powerful, thought-provoking art.’
- ‘The next day, one of these emailers responded that he thought my reply was disproportionate to the offensiveness of his email; I agreed and apologized for having reacted inappropriately.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.