One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They shouldn't consider the author's past offensiveness, or the reprehensibleness of the ideas he expresses outside the paper.’
- ‘Whatever offensiveness the film once possessed has been diluted by the passage of time; now it simply feels stylish and bittersweet, if esoterically so.’
- ‘The next day, one of these emailers responded that he thought my reply was disproportionate to the offensiveness of his email; I agreed and apologized for having reacted inappropriately.’
- ‘My plan was simple: create a conflict between those who would be offended by the piece and those who would say its offensiveness gave it merit as powerful, thought-provoking art.’
- ‘Whether intentional or not, the racial offensiveness and insensitivity of Summers' remarks and actions must be acknowledged, criticized, and vigorously resisted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.