One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abstaining from drinking alcohol.‘I'm supposed to be off the grog three nights a week’
- ‘He's staying off the grog and looking after his health.’
- ‘"I've been off the grog for 51 years," he says with a smile and a shake of the head.’
- ‘He swore off the grog before becoming prime minister.’
- ‘Without the motivation of that daily burn session to eat well, and stay off the grog, I started throwing down the drinks at night.’
- ‘They had fooled their doctors into thinking they were off the grog.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.