One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverbSoccer
Not in contact with or playing the ball.
- ‘He was given a straight red card following an off-the-ball offence.’
- ‘He was shown the red card for an off-the-ball incident at a stage of the game when emotions were riding high.’
- ‘He could easily have been sent off for his crude off-the-ball lunge.’
- ‘It's the time-wasting antics, the feigning of injuries, the cynical fouling, the verbal taunting and off-the-ball intimidation that are blocking the arteries to a healthier game.’
- ‘The presentation dwelt on coaching aspects such as receiving the ball, off-the-ball running and strategies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.