One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The stump on the off side of a wicket.
- ‘Playing a ball pitched on the off stump to the on side was satisfying.’
- ‘He dabbed at a ball outside the off stump and Boucher picked up a regulation catch.’
- ‘No hitter has ever cut so well, and his footwork enabled him to cut balls even on his leg stump, or pull them to leg from outside his off stump.’
- ‘Gayle floated one outside the off stump and Afridi couldn't resist having a dip.’
- ‘I thought it was a difficult wicket but it was slightly easier for the left-handers as the soft spots were outside the right-handers off stump.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.