One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of spin bowling that causes the ball to deviate from the off side towards the leg side after pitching; off breaks.‘the skipper's off-spin did the trick’
- ‘He hit the best six of the match in my opinion - an inside out shot over extra cover against the off spin of Muralitharan who we all know is a huge spinner of the ball.’
- ‘Thereafter, the innings had little permanency and wickets fell regularly to Broadbent's off spin.’
- ‘Billy Banner took over from Roussak once again proving to be a match winner with his consistent off spin.’
- ‘Rajiv Singh bowled a vital spell with his off spin, keeping it tight while Howgate took most of the wickets with a clever and ultimately decisive spell.’
- ‘Batting in the top four this year, he is one of the Yorkshire team's top scorers and has chipped in with 11 wickets in five matches with his off spin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.