One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of spin bowling that causes the ball to deviate from the off side towards the leg side after pitching; off breaks.‘the skipper's off-spin did the trick’
- ‘Thereafter, the innings had little permanency and wickets fell regularly to Broadbent's off spin.’
- ‘He hit the best six of the match in my opinion - an inside out shot over extra cover against the off spin of Muralitharan who we all know is a huge spinner of the ball.’
- ‘Billy Banner took over from Roussak once again proving to be a match winner with his consistent off spin.’
- ‘Batting in the top four this year, he is one of the Yorkshire team's top scorers and has chipped in with 11 wickets in five matches with his off spin.’
- ‘Rajiv Singh bowled a vital spell with his off spin, keeping it tight while Howgate took most of the wickets with a clever and ultimately decisive spell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.