Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A ball which deviates from the off side towards the leg side after pitching.‘how to bowl off breaks to left-handers’
- ‘Before they went out to field, Worrell told Griffith that he wanted him to leave Worcester with a clean slate and he did not care even if Griffith bowled off breaks.’
- ‘It is basically an all seam attack unless I bowl my off breaks.’
- ‘The off spinner admitted that he has not got any mystery balls but simply bowls the off break coupled with the top spinner that goes straight through.’
- ‘His batting is dour and unimaginative and his off breaks, like his attitudes, seldom turn.’
- ‘The West Indian batsmen failed to negotiate Muralitharan's vicious off breaks and doosras on a pitch offering sharp turn and variable bounce.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.