One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ball which deviates from the off side towards the leg side after pitching.‘how to bowl off breaks to left-handers’
- ‘The West Indian batsmen failed to negotiate Muralitharan's vicious off breaks and doosras on a pitch offering sharp turn and variable bounce.’
- ‘Before they went out to field, Worrell told Griffith that he wanted him to leave Worcester with a clean slate and he did not care even if Griffith bowled off breaks.’
- ‘It is basically an all seam attack unless I bowl my off breaks.’
- ‘His batting is dour and unimaginative and his off breaks, like his attitudes, seldom turn.’
- ‘The off spinner admitted that he has not got any mystery balls but simply bowls the off break coupled with the top spinner that goes straight through.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.