A ball which deviates from the off side towards the leg side after pitching.‘how to bowl off breaks to left-handers’
- ‘The West Indian batsmen failed to negotiate Muralitharan's vicious off breaks and doosras on a pitch offering sharp turn and variable bounce.’
- ‘It is basically an all seam attack unless I bowl my off breaks.’
- ‘His batting is dour and unimaginative and his off breaks, like his attitudes, seldom turn.’
- ‘Before they went out to field, Worrell told Griffith that he wanted him to leave Worcester with a clean slate and he did not care even if Griffith bowled off breaks.’
- ‘The off spinner admitted that he has not got any mystery balls but simply bowls the off break coupled with the top spinner that goes straight through.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.