One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
(of the selling or purchasing of property) before the property is built and with only the plans available for inspection.
- ‘The apartments will be available for purchase off-plan from a marketing suite that will be set up at the end of January.’
- ‘Certain properties in off-plan schemes, either through good organisation or good fortune, are completed early.’
- ‘The Revenue says you can purchase an actual off-plan property yourself, rather than a fund, with your pension now, provided it is not completed or fit for occupation before A-Day.’
- ‘Such has been the level of interest in the latest phase of apartments for sale at the resort that a third have been sold off-plan.’
- ‘‘We are also offering two off-plan apartment developments which are due for completion in September next year, with prices starting from €65,000,’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.