One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not of the correct pitch.‘off-pitch singing’
- ‘Then something began to play the slightly off-pitch tune of the song, Sold Me.’
- ‘I sit down and spend most of the performance trying to physically restrain my cringes at off-pitch notes and jittery timing.’
- ‘The music sounds off-pitch (which, of course, it is) and sour to my ears.’
- ‘There were some forgotten words, off-pitch notes and irregularities in rhythm, but the Lutherans refrained from showing any dismay.’
- ‘She then followed this up with an air of Schubert's, performed in full diva mode, complete with feather boa but, quite deliberately yet excrutiatingly, just off-pitch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.