One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fast off break.
- ‘On the low, dusty dry pitches, normally graveyards for seamers, he persevered in the stifling heat bowling off-cutters and holding up one end.’
- ‘Mixing swinging deliveries with some excellent off-cutters, he ripped through the middle order and finished with excellent figures of 6-9 from seven overs.’
- ‘In the shadows of stumps Jason Gillespie added his second delicious off-cutter to remove his second batsman of the day to shouldered arms.’
- ‘The stinging off-cutter was Walsh's trademark delivery.’
- ‘He surged in from the Paddington end, maintained discipline, tried nothing too fancy and utilised an off-cutter in the way that Fred Trueman did in his dotage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.