One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Belonging to oneself alone.‘at last I've got a place of my own’
- ‘You need to build up a life of your own for whatever the future may hold.’
- ‘The result is an unashamed escape - guaranteed to lead you into dreams of your own.’
- ‘Even if you do not need to share it with others, you are justified in having one of your own.’
- ‘A house of your own and a booty of gold are up for grabs in a new television game show.’
- ‘If you feel you are being bled dry by monthly rent then buying a home of your own may be the solution.’
- ‘Piccadilly pays its way and has given all these young people an independent life of their own.’
- ‘I think it's a good idea to have a platform of your own on which you can do what you want.’
- ‘There is even a tattoo parlour out back just in case you get inspired and want a bit of flesh art of your own.’
- ‘The harder but surer way is to make a success of a business of your own and then sell it on to someone willing to pay millions.’
- ‘Why not go into the garden today and see where you could introduce some eye-catchers of your own?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.