One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Interesting.‘his book should be of interest to historians’
- ‘The Tories have little to say of interest or importance on most of the political issues of the day.’
- ‘If you have found any of the foregoing of interest to you, please don't hesitate to come and meet us.’
- ‘As you might be able to tell, there is relatively little of interest happening in Oxford.’
- ‘The museum also had a large display showing items of interest, dating back centuries.’
- ‘Why should this book be of interest to readers in the United Kingdom or elsewhere in Europe?’
- ‘An examination of the comparative situation in America would also be of interest.’
- ‘They are available at all churches and are a good read and should be of interest to many.’
- ‘English Heritage have already seen the school, and did not see enough of interest to list it.’
- ‘It is of interest to take a look at a paper report of the damage done in the town of Carlow on that night.’
- ‘Even if it is soon listed, it may still be of interest to a developer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.