One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounZoology
- ‘Like other odontocetes, delphinids echolocate and may even use high-intensity sound to stun their prey.’
- ‘Both the mysticetes and odontocetes are thought to be descendants of the archaeocetes.’
- ‘This structure is derived from the melon of other odontocetes, and like the melon, may serve as a sort of acoustic lens.’
- ‘Dolphins and porpoises are examples of odontocetes, as are belugas, narwhals, killer whales, sperm whales, and beaked whales.’
- ‘Within odontocete cetaceans, variation in body design affects stability and turning performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.