One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having the shape or cross section of an octagon; eight-sided.‘an octagonal tower’
- ‘This octagonal room with a panelled ceiling has views over the private mature gardens.’
- ‘A large domed octagonal chapel was added.’
- ‘The classic gazebo is octagonal in shape and has a high, peaked roof.’
- ‘The steeple culminates in a slender shingled octagonal spire.’
- ‘Four-course dinners are served in an octagonal dining room.’
- ‘Perhaps the most familiar of all traffic signs - the red octagonal stop sign - turns out to be a significant risk to good drivers.’
- ‘I also liked the octagonal studded table with matching stools and chairs.’
- ‘Their excavations unearthed a large octagonal fortress.’
- ‘The tower's octagonal shape maximizes sunlight.’
- ‘Don't buy octagonal tiles for your bathroom!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.