One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lifeguards call it ‘run out’ and oceanographers refer to it as ‘rip current.’’
- ‘I'm a physical oceanographer based at Southampton Oceanography Centre, where we also do climate research.’
- ‘The difference between adjacent water bodies allows physical oceanographers to calculate rates of water movement in the deep sea.’
- ‘See the tools that oceanographers use, like this buoy used to measure ocean conditions.’
- ‘‘We can inspire the next generation of oceanographers and marine biologists,’ she said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.