One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘We can inspire the next generation of oceanographers and marine biologists,’ she said.’
- ‘See the tools that oceanographers use, like this buoy used to measure ocean conditions.’
- ‘I'm a physical oceanographer based at Southampton Oceanography Centre, where we also do climate research.’
- ‘Lifeguards call it ‘run out’ and oceanographers refer to it as ‘rip current.’’
- ‘The difference between adjacent water bodies allows physical oceanographers to calculate rates of water movement in the deep sea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.