One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for mid-ocean ridge
- ‘A profound consequence of seafloor spreading is that new crust was, and is now, being continually created along the oceanic ridges.’
- ‘The basaltic blocks within the melange are interpreted as accreted Tethyan oceanic crust erupted at both oceanic ridge and seamount settings.’
- ‘He proposed that there must be a third type of plate boundary to connect the oceanic ridges and trenches.’
- ‘They compare closely with oceanic flood basalts that make up many oceanic ridges, plateaux, and sea mounts.’
- ‘Since Wegener's day, scientists have mapped and explored the great system of oceanic ridges, the sites of frequent earthquakes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.