One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The relatively thin part of the earth's crust which underlies the ocean basins. It is geologically young compared with the continental crust and consists of basaltic rock overlain by sediments.
- ‘The record of subduction of the Indian oceanic crust beneath Burma is somewhat uncertain.’
- ‘Enormous pressures are produced in this region, for the continental crust and the oceanic crust are moving toward each other.’
- ‘In contrast to the continental crust, the oceanic crust is young, thin, and chemically magnesium-rich.’
- ‘The continental slope connects the continental shelf and the oceanic crust.’
- ‘Locally this high-velocity lower-crustal layer penetrates the oceanic domain, where it underplates the thin Cretaceous oceanic crust.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.