One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the islands of Oceania or their inhabitants.‘the cool, shadowy Oceanian landscape’
- ‘The FIFA U-20 World Cup will be held on Oceanian soil for the third time after Australia hosted the competition in 1981 and 1993.’
- ‘According to an astronomical observation station, people in eastern Asian, Pacific and northern Oceanian areas and North America will be able to observe the eclipse.’
- ‘Representatives from 106 countries from the Asian, African, Middle Eastern and Oceanian regions are expected to attend.’
- ‘She holds the New Zealand, Oceanian, Commonwealth and equal World Championship records with a personal best throw of 21.24m.’
- ‘The gallery showcases artworks by modern and contemporary Native American, African, Oceanian and Indonesian artists.’
A native or inhabitant of the islands of Oceania.‘the Oceanians who progressively peopled the Pacific islands over ten centuries’
- ‘The rhythms of the tides were in an Oceanian's blood, the coursing of the currents in an Oceanian's arteries.’
- ‘For my part, anyone who has lived in our region and is committed to Oceania, is an Oceanian.’
- ‘Asians, Europeans and Oceanians are all most likely to buy in North America than any other global region when investing overseas, followed by Europe.’
- ‘In the future, scientists could investigate whether anyone who took the southern route left any genetic traces in modern Oceanians, Pagani said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.