Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large seawater aquarium in which marine animals are kept for study and public entertainment.
- ‘Ancol is also conducting a major renovation on Gelanggang Samudra, an oceanarium which is famous for its dolphin and sea lion shows.’
- ‘A massive oceanarium at Parque das Nacoes pays homage to the oceans crossed and charted by the Portuguese during the heyday of their empire.’
- ‘The park provides Western-style food inside the oceanarium, where you eat as if at the bottom of the ocean surrounded by various kinds of fish.’
- ‘Before the storm oceanarium officials had evacuated 6 of the facility's 14 dolphins to hotel swimming pools.’
- ‘A visit to the site of Expo '98 and, in particular, Europe's largest oceanarium, is worth considering.’
- ‘A huge oceanarium at Parque das Nacoes pays homage to the oceans which were crossed and charted repeatedly by the Portuguese.’
- ‘Dolly the dolphin, the much loved senior resident of the Bayworld oceanarium, is pregnant again.’
- ‘The oceanarium is owned by Underwater World Pattaya Ltd and managed by Sovereign Marketing.’
- ‘‘An oceanarium in the backwaters is under serious consideration,’ said the Mayor, C. M. Dinesh Mani.’
- ‘She dreamt that that she was in a large oceanarium.’
- ‘The penguins have been exported to oceanariums and zoos all over the world, including Israel, the US, Japan and Netherlands.’
- ‘The mystery surfaced when a separate group of dolphins was washed from a commercial oceanarium on the Mississippi coast during Katrina.’
1940s: from ocean, on the pattern of aquarium.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.